How to Install WeChat on Android devices
1. Open the Play Store. It’s the rainbow triangle icon labeled “Play Store.” You’ll find it either on the home screen or in the app drawer.
2. Type wechat into the search bar. It’s at the top of the screen. A list of search results will appear as you type.
3. Tap . It has a green icon with two white chat bubbles. This opens the app’s home page.
4. Tap . It’s near the right side of the screen. A confirmation window will appear.
5. Tap . The app will now install to your Android. When the installation is complete, the “INSTALL” button will change to “OPEN,” and a WeChat icon will appear on your home screen.
How to Install WeChat on IOS devices
1. Open the App Store on your iPhone or iPad. It’s the blue icon containing a white “A” in a circle. You’ll usually find it on your home screen or in a folder called “Utilities.”
2. Tap . It’s the option with a magnifying glass at the bottom of the screen.
3. Type WeChat into the search bar. A list of search results will appear.
4. Tap . It should be the first result beneath the search bar.
5. Tap . The button will change to “Install.”
6. Tap . If this isn’t your first time downloading WeChat, you’ll see a cloud icon with a blue arrow instead of the button. Tap that to start the installation.
7. Enter your security code or use Touch ID. If you are not prompted to do either of these things, skip to the next step. Otherwise, follow the on-screen instructions to start the download.
8. Open WeChat. If you’re still on the WeChat page in the App Store, tap Open. Otherwise, tap the green icon with two white chat bubbles labeled “WeChat” on the home screen. WeChat is now ready to use.